ACCT Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Presentation
ACCT CEO Noah Brown and Immediate Past President Emily Yim presented on the roles of boards in developing a leadership pipeline that is diverse, equitable and inclusive at the CCLC Trustees conference in 2019. Download the slides by clicking the icon above.
Trustee, State Center Community College District
President, San Jose City College
Trustee, Ohlone Community College District
Nicky Gonzalez Yuen
Trustee, Peralta Community College District
Trustee, Los Angeles Community College District
Trustee, Contra Costa Comunity College District
President, Folsom Lake College
Miss the latest APITA Meeting at the CCLC Annual Convention on November 18? You can access a recording of the meeting here.
1. Update from CCCT Board – Linda Wah
2. High School Ethnic Studies Curriculum – Linda Wah
3. What is happening on your campuses to meet the Ethnic Studies lower division requirement?
4. How do we Increase Paid Membership – Nicky Yuen, All
5. Update from CEOCCC Board (including DEI)
6. Update on THE COALITION (A2MEND, APAHE, COLEGAS) Leadership Institute
7. Debra Nakatomi and Dianne Fukami presentation at Joint Caucus
As the largest system of higher education in the country with more than 2.1 million students attending 116 colleges, the California Community Colleges serve the most diverse student population of any system of higher education in the state. A commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion enriches the vision of equity outlined in the Vision for Success and fosters an inclusive, anti-racist campus culture.
Shout out to APITA Vice Chair Rowena Tomaneng for serving on the DEI Implementation Workgroup. Kudos to APITA members Sue Chan, Debbie Ikeda, Cindi Reiss and Linda Wah for serving on additional work groups to operationalize the DEI Task Force's recommendations.
Caucus selfie, courtesy of Long Beach City College Trustee Vivian Malauulu